Saturday, December 28, 2013

Hiding in My Craft Room -- Anything BUT a holiday


Welcome to the final challenge of 2013 for
Hiding in My Craft Room

This week I'm really happy to tell you that the theme is:
Anything BUT a holiday!!

I think I may have skipped with joy just a little bit as I was putting away my Christmas crafting supplies yesterday.  They will be great to see again next year but for now:  enough already!

My card this week is crazy with color.  I started with Lacy Sunshine's Eleanor Painting Ladybugs image.  Next, the papers were chosen.  Since I knew the colors needed to be really bright and fun for this card, I went to my 6x6 pad of Glitz Finnley.  It's full of great patterns and eye popping colors.



The sentiment stamp from Inkadinkado's Friendly Advice was perfect for the direction I wanted to take this card.


I didn't have any beads that were the right colors for this card but still really wanted to use one of these adorable little bottles.  What to do?  Use some bright pink embossing powder, of course.  It's actually Ruby Red from Stampendous.  The color deepens a lot after the powder has been heated.

Here are a few more shots of some of the other embellishments:




I had so much fun working with this image....I always do when I color Eleanor!  She reminds me of my future daughter-in-law with that sweet little face and great big glasses.



I added some super small dots of Liquid Pearls in Petal Pink around the image.  First I stamped hearts and flourishes from My Cute Stamps' Lots of Love in Memento Desert Sand.  The little butterflies are from Tim Holtz's Flights of Fancy set.  They were stamped using Victorian Velvet.  I stamped it off once on scrap paper and then onto to the image sheet.  This helped keep the color very soft.  I inked around the image with Victorian Velvet also.  The corners for the image and the mats beneath it were all shaped using We R Memory Keepers' Deco Corner Chomper.


So there is my card for this week's new challenge at
I hope you have a chance to go take a look at the other items done by the rest of the HIMCR Design Team.  There's always a huge variety of really great inspiration pieces!

Of course, we would all love for you to join in the fun of the new challenge.  Good luck to all who enter.

You can find this card in the following challenges:

Thanks for stopping by today.
Have a great last few days of 2013!!




6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card! I love the cute image and beautiful detailing.
    Thank you for taking part in the Crafty Little Fairies Challenge.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny card. Beautiful choice of colours. Magnificent embellishments.Bravo !

    Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week !

    Hugs from France.
    Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Roberta - great colouring - love it x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what superb coloring, Roberta! Marvelous details in all the embellies on this delightful card. That happens to be a favorite image of mine and I've used her on several projects. This one makes me wish for spring. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Roberta, finally I saw you used bottle! LOL. And pretty Eleanor on Roberta's pretty card! <3 <3 love it so much!!
    Have a happy holiday and wonderful 2014, darling

    xoxo, Mikha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card. Loving all the bright colours and the image and sentiment all fit perfectly. You really are doing a fab job adding your embellies, mine still seem to look like I've dropped things all over it! Lol. I love the flowers, especially the big pink one with the gorgeous pearl centre xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...