Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Add your direct link in Blogger comments

A while back, I had typed up a quick set of instructions for adding your direct blog link in comments for my Design Team 'sisters' at Dreamtime Designs Craft Challenges.
I thought I'd share them with you today.
Keep in mind that I am by no means a computer expert!
I found a super easy how-to while doing a bit of searching.
If I can ever find the website where I originally saw this,
I will be sure to provide the proper credit.

This will only work on blogs that allow for HTML in the comment section, so I always hit "Preview" before I publish the comment.  Most blogs do.  Some don't.  Always check if you plan on using HTML.

The basic format is this:
<a href="Your blog's URL">Text you want to show</a>
**I've changed the color of the text so it's a bit simpler to follow the instructions.  It's not necessary when you are doing your own codes.**

This will show as: Queen Bee Paper Crafts in the comment.
It will be a clickable link directly to my blog.
<a href="http://queenbeepapercrafts.blogspot.com">Queen Bee Paper Crafts</a>

It would still link to my blog, but Roberta would show in the comment, if I were to type it like this:
<a href="http://queenbeepapercrafts.blogspot.com">Roberta</a>

To direct people to my Facebook page, I use this:
<a href="https://www.facebook.com/QueenBeePaperCrafts">Follow me on Facebook</a>


So you put the full URL to your blog between the quote marks.  Between the > < symbols you put the text just as you would like it to display in the comment.

I have mine typed in a document that I have saved on my computer.  That way it's simple to just copy and paste it into the comments that I leave.  There's just no way I'd ever remember all of the little symbols on my own!

I hope this has made sense to you and that you've found it helpful.
If you have any questions, please let me know.
As I said above I'm no computer expert but I'll do my best to help you.

Thanks for stopping by today.
If you have a minute, leave me a comment....and I'd love to see your link included in it!


5 comments:

  1. Thanks! I'll try this one day sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cool instructions Roberta! yes, they are very clear to understand. Reminds me I need to catch up on commenting! LOL I'll give your tip a try...big hugs and thank you M xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is cool, will try this. TFS Roberta:-)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...