Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Thank you card for Troy

Last week I told you about getting a couple of paper stacks from a friend of my husband's.  Well, I finally got around to making a thank you card for him and yes, I did use some of the paper he got for me.  Is it weird that he helped pay for his own thank you card?  Oh well.  Too late now.

Troy (Mr Cute as a Bug) is a computer guy extraordinaire from what I understand.  Guess I'll have to take hubby's word for it since I've yet to see any proof.  But, anyway, I had seen this image by Mo Manning and knew it would work perfectly for his card.  I hope he enjoys the card and he knows how much I appreciate his sweet gesture.





I colored the image using my ProMarkers...24 of them.  Should it take that many?  I'm still not sure that I'm doing it correctly although I'm lovin' the results.  I guess that's all that really counts.

The other tools/supplies I used were:
Tim Holtz Distress ink in Vintage Photo
Tim Holtz Retro Circles embossing folder
Sizzix Textures
Scor-tape
ATG (of course)
Cricut Elegant Edges
Pop dots from Michaels Dollar Bin
I don't recall the maker of the herringbone folder.  Sorry, 'cause it's fabulous!  I'll look more if someone really wants to know.
Just let me know in the comments.

You can see my chicken scratches in the photos.  Oops, forgot to get pics before I signed it.

You'll find this card in the following challenges:

Die Cuttin' Divas -- Circular sketch
ABC Challenges -- #43 Coloring with markers


11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card! I love the mix of shapes with the circle and rectangles, perfect image for my other half! Haha also love the table it's photographed on!! ;) hope he enjoys the thank you, love that he helped pay for it haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great, you don't often see cards made for men and this is a great example. You have a great eye for putting things together. I would of ended up making the card look too fussy or not quite right, but you've managed to piece in all the different shapes & textures perfectly. Great colouring, I dont think there is a right or wrong way, just whatever you feel good with :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a great card! Perfect image for your computer guru friend! And so manly with the gear shaped card. TFS your fab creation at DCD,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Roberta !!! I love circle shaped cards and that you made this one like a gear , great idea !!! I think you are doing amazing coloring the images !!! Hugs !!!

    Mayra
    MayrasDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card, I've used this image before and had quite a pile of markers on my desk when finished. Great job.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic coloring, Roberta! I love that image -- it's one I haven't seen. Will have to go find it now. Great card design and I love the papers. How lucky for you to have gotten them. I'm sure he'll love seeing papers he gave you used on his card. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a perfect masculine card Roberta, I always struggle so much with male projects. Excited to be a fellow DDCC DT member :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous card! Great image and colors! Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this card! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely masculine card, and fab coloring too! Thanks for playing along with us over at ABC Challenges!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...