Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Peace, love and frogs

When I saw this adorable image over at Lacy Sunshine I just cracked up.  The thought of a hippy frog just tickles me!  To top it off, his name is Pickles.  I have no idea why I think that's so funny but I do.  The name of the image is Groovy Pickles and you can find it in Heather's "Retiring $1 digi" section.  Yeah, I said it.  A buck.  And there are loads of really cute images there.  I have no idea how long they will remain available so you may want to go take a look.

The background paper that's kinda' tye die looking was done with a set of My Cute Stamps, Versamark ink, clear embossing powder and distress inks.  I love the resist embossing technique.  It takes a couple of steps but is really simple.  The first time I remember seeing it was in this video.  Each time you do it, you get a different result and I enjoy the surprise.

I've used the sketch from Tuesday Morning Sketches for this card.  Here's the sketch:



And here's the card:


I twisted the image just a bit....a hippy frog should be twisted.  Right?  The sentiment is mine.  I printed it using Word and I think that's pretty funny too.  Yes, I am a dork.  I neither deny nor resist it.  In fact, I embrace it.  The tag the sentiment is on was made using a Recollections tag punch.  The little "forever" charm is from the Michaels Dollar Bin.  The seam binding was white and I dyed it using 
Spiced Marmalade distress ink and a little water.
(Note to self: wear plastic gloves next time.  Dork.)

In addition to Tuesday Morning Sketches, you can find this card at the following challenges:

7 comments:

  1. Super cute card! I like your sense of humor.:) Thanks for joining us at Chromatic Craze!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww - this made me smile! So much fun. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, perfect sentiment!

    Thank you for sharing with us at Natalie & Amy's this month, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That frog is so funny!! Love your bakcground paper! Going to have to check out that tut!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous card!
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our "for the boys” challenge & good luck in the draw…
    Hope to see you again in our new challenge.

    Hugs,
    Melanie
    (DT Creatalicious Challenges)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Roberta, i remember the Peace Frogs...i think my daughters had their shirts..this card brings back some fun memories! So glad you joined us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches. Our new challenge starts on Tuesday, hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How awesome is that frog!!! LOVE IT!!! Thank you so much for playing with us at Chromatic Craze!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...